Levine Children's Hospital
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth Job Summary
Supervises and coordinates hospital activities with emphasis upon communications, patient throughput, patient experience, rounding for quality, safety and operational efficiency, performance improvement activities, service recovery, and compliance with regulatory requirements interacting with nursing and hospital teammates in daily operations. Authorized to act as the administrative designee on behalf of and in cooperation with Administration responding to immediate needs or as requested by the Administrator-On-Call to investigate or respond to requests for information, follow-up or assistance with complaint investigations or emergency events. Promotes a safe environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competency in the supervision of patient care.Essential Functions
- Communicates administrative problems and actions taken to the respective nurse leader, Administrator-On-Call when appropriate, and/or the appropriate senior administrative leader Rounds on all units to assess overall efficiency and productivity and gain insight into patient care, teammate, and physician satisfaction and appropriateness of patient care.
- Guides the staff in understanding and compliance with state and federal laws concerning healthcare services and practice, compliance with the Nursing Practice Act, and company policies and procedures
- Assists with coordination of communication at regular intervals throughout the shifts via huddles, rounds, or other types of meetings to exchange information and promote dialogue
- Assists with appropriate utilization of resources (human and fiscal) to meet patient care needs
- Supervises the performance of nursing personnel, identifies problems, initiates corrective action, and communicates/provides documentation of actions/investigative findings to the appropriate department manager, Nurse Leader and/or the Administrator-On Call
- Provides advice and assistance to nurses in administering new or unusual treatments or medications, interprets policies and procedures for teammates, patients/families, and visitors, and responds and assists with emergencies
- Coordinates shift management of patient flow/throughput including participation with patient placement meetings/huddles or other departmental meetings to accommodate and plan for new admissions/transfers throughout the shift as well as working with interdisciplinary teams to facilitate timely admissions and discharges
- Monitors staffing for the current and upcoming shifts through continuous assessment of volume/acuity needs utilizing resources such as the Float Pool and PRN personnel or reallocation of personnel when indicated to assist in provision of appropriate staffing resources
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English fluently. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, & touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking & ability to concentrate.Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. Minimum 2 years nursing experience preferred. BSN required. Appropriate professional certification (within 2 years if not currently certified) required. Previous management experience preferred. Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve. Posting Notes:
Not Applicable Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer