Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth Job Summary
Evaluates, plans, directs, and administers programs of Speech Language Pathology, upon referral by a physician. Plans and conducts SLP to restore function, prevent disability, and help patients reach their maximum level of independence.Essential Functions
- Directs and supervises activities of rehab technicians, speech-language pathology students and volunteers involved in administering care to patients and assists with orienting new and rotating staff.
- Evaluates patients and establishes appropriate patient care plan to include necessary modalities, procedures, exercise programs, and patient education as warranted by the patient's diagnosis and condition.
- Gathers and interprets appropriate data from the medical record, physician reports, patient, and/or family as evidenced by documentation and identifies need for and utilizes appropriate assistive devices.
- Documents evaluations, tests, progress notes, daily treatment notes, attendance records, patient/family education, outcomes, discharge notes, and charges.
- Re-evaluates patients as needed, modifying goals and treatment as patient's status changes.
- Communicates patient's evaluation and subsequent progress to physician, referral sources, and other clinical staff and coordinates patient's schedule, treatment programs, discharge planning and recommends solutions to patient care problems.
Hearing (corrected) adequate for oral/aural communication with patients, staff, family, visitors, etc. Vision (corrected) adequate for reading. Must be able to push patients in a wheelchair or stretchers. Lifting of patients, equipment or supplies will be required up to 20 pounds frequently, up to 50 pounds occasionally, and up to 100 pounds rarely. Sitting, standing, and walking required throughout the day. Job duties sometimes require climbing stairs, kneeling, twisting, bending; on occasion, crouching, crawling and reaching overhead. Must be able to transfer patients. Must be able to demonstrate any appropriate exercise and activities to patients/caregivers. Personal Protective Equipment such as gloves, goggles, gowns, and masks are sometimes required due to possible exposure to hazardous chemicals or blood and body fluids. Work is in a fast-paced clinical environment. Weekend and holiday work may be required. The work environment is primarily indoors but occasionally outdoors.Education, Experience and Certifications
Master degree in Speech Language Pathology required. NC license for SLP required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
Valid driver's license and auto insurance required in State of residence. The Region's Preferred Healthcare – in the Comfort of Home.
Home care at Carolinas HealthCare System allows patients in North and South Carolina to receive world-class healthcare in the comfort of their own homes. The team of experts at Healthy@Home provides compassionate care and advanced services outside the scope of a medical facility.
As part of Carolinas HealthCare system, Healthy@Home works with our patients' physicians to develop a personalized plan of care for individuals of all ages.
Backed by more experience, greater access, and more services than any other home care provider in the region, Healthy@Home is trusted to meet the needs of each of our patients in the comfort of his or her own home. Highlights of this awesome opportunity:
- Competitive Salary
- Patient autonomy
- Home Care Home Base Technology
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve. Posting Notes:
Not Applicable Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer