Job Code: 26870-1580
Memorial Satilla Health is a 231-bed, full service, acute care medical facility in Waycross, Georgia that has been providing high quality medical care to the greater Waycross community and southeast Georgia region for more than 60 years.
Our Senior Behavioral Center is designed to address the unique challenges of our aging community. Located on the third floor of the hospital, this 15-bed inpatient psychiatric unit is available for patients that are generally age 60 and older and need help with coping with lifeâ€™s transitions, depression, anxiety, psychosis, dementia or other behavioral changes related to aging.
We are searching for a new (RN) Nurse Manager of Senior Behavioral Health, responsible for directing, coordinating, and supervising quality Nursing Care for the unit. The (RN) Nurse Manager has recruitment, staffing, evaluating and counseling responsibilities.
1. Ensure effective, flexible utilization of staff within staffing guidance, taking into consideration the staff's competency and patient acuity.
2. Evaluate staff performance and work related behavior per policies obtaining information from appropriate personnel and utilizing constructive criticism to enhance the performance of the employee.
3. Models leadership behavior, sets expectations for teamwork and hold staff accountable for performance.
4. Conducts a minimum of six staff meetings per year, addressing performance improvement, problem solving, education and sharing company communications.
5. Responsible for interviewing and hiring of all new staff and coordinating the orientation process.
6. Counsels and disciplines in a fair and objective manner, initiating disciplinary action per personnel policies.
7. Supports the vision, mission and policies of MSH and maintains a professional appearance and a safe environment, provides exceptional customer service, guards patients' rights and abides by all internal and external legal and care standards.
8. Demonstrates effectiveness in planning for future needs by budget preparation on an annual basis and monitoring monthly reports to ensure that the unit stays within the budget.
9. Participates in organization's educational programs and supports MSH's community outreach program while maintaining advanced practice study.
10. Formulate organization/nursing policy and procedure adhering to JCAHO standards.
Education and Experience: Associates degree in Nursing and 3+ years of Nursing experience are required.
Licenses, Certifications & Training: RN license in the state in which he/she practices and Basic Cardiac Life Support are required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors: Proven administrative ability for the directions, control and planning activities of hospital based department. Capable of analyzing and preparing complex records and reports. Ability to remain calm, to think and act quickly and logically in a crisis situation. Excellent verbal and communication skills. Good mathematical skills. Requires team player, positive, can-do winning attitude.
Last Edited: 04/05/2018