Location Details: Job Summary
Coordinates and delegates services for echocardiography through the exercise of technical skills, judgment based on scientific knowledge, communication, and defined organizational standards of practice and policy. Essential Functions
- Serves as liaison between diagnostic cardiology and other departments concerning patient care issues.
- Prioritizes and implements electrodiagnostic procedures and patient transports.
- Investigates any delay in completion of exams.
- Correlates patient clinical history with procedure and consults with physician prior to administering the exam.
- Reviews patient task list to ensure all orders have been received and scheduled.
- Assists with team scheduling to ensure coverage of work area.
- Assesses the number and level of team members needed to provide quality service and adjusts staffing and assignments on a daily basis.
This position requires frequent walking, standing, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 200 pounds of weight with assistance. Pushing and pulling up to 450 pounds with assistance. Walking through to various areas on the hospital campus. Environment is climate controlled with occasional exposure to inclement weather.Education, Experience and Certifications
5 years clinical experience as an Echocardiographer. Experience in supervisory position preferred; Experience in supervisory position preferred. Registration from the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or Registered Cardiovascular Technician with Cardiovascular Credentialing Institute required. Previous pediatric, stress echo and transesophageal echocardiography experience required. BLS completion from AHA required; ACLS preferred.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve. Posting Notes:
Not Applicable Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer