Job Code: 00417-91020
PRN West Houston Medical Center â€" Houston, TX
An HCA Affiliated Hospital Emergency Medical Technician (EMT). West Houston Medical Center
has been offering exceptional care to the West Houston community for 30 years. With more than 1,200 members on our care team and 400 of the region's most talented doctors, we are able to provide nationally recognized quality care.
Our hospital in Houston
provides a wide range of services, several of which are nationally accredited or affiliated:
West Houston Medical Center
- Bariatric/Weight Loss Surgery
- Breast Center
- Cancer Treatment
- Cardiovascular Center
- Diabetes Management
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Emergency Medicine
- Senior Care
- Sleep Disorder Center
- Women's Services
- Wound Healing
is currently looking for a Emergency Medical Technician (EMT). RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transports patients using proper transfer techniques and monitoring equipment
- Accepts changes in responsibility in a positive and effective manner
- Embraces constructive criticism and profits by translating it into positive action
- Demonstrates customer service principles when providing care and services
- Serves as a role model to others demonstrating desirable work habits by creating an atmosphere of pride in workmanship
- Supports hospital objectives, decisions, and policies
- Supports the mission, vision and values of West Houston Medical Center.
- Provides direct support to team members during all codes and critical patients.
- Rounds at least hourly on patients during the shift
- Supports and promotes manager and directors decisions and initiatives
- Does not rationalize or shy away from speaking out about poor quality decisions or practices. Holds high standards of excellence.
- Completes other activities as assigned
- One (1) year healthcare related experience and must have ability to read, write, and speak English well.
- 911 emergency dispatch experience highly desired
- Certified EMT, EMT-I, Paramedic
- Current CPR - American Heart Association required
- NIMs 100 and 700 training required or must obtain within 90 days of employment
Last Edited: 04/19/2018