Job Code: 01574-84161
Days (rotating weekends)
Northeast Methodist Hospital has played a major role in the phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. It is licensed for 116 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrogâ€™s Hospital Safety Grade A. We offer a full array of services including 24/7 emergency care, open heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, inpatient rehabilitation, orthopedic surgery, cancer care, intensive care and inpatient and outpatient surgeries and procedures.
Northeast Methodist Hospital is an accredited Chest Pain Center and is a Certified Stroke Center by The Joint Commission. We are recognized as an Accredited Heart Failure Center by the Healthcare Colloquium and as a Top Performer on Key Quality MeasuresÂ® by The Joint Commission. Our hospital has received the Mission: LifelineÂ® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award for implementing specific quality improvement measures outlined by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks and the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Northeast Methodist Hospital under Locations.
General Statement of Duties:
Under the direction of the Manager of Non-Invasive Cardiology/Neurodiagnostics performs EEG studies, EMGs, evoked potentials, epilepsy studies and other related examinations according to established standards and practices at a high technical level.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Demonstrates technical proficiency for basic digital EEG. This includes familiarity with national, hospital, and lab standards for testing. Candidate will utilize the 10-20 system of electrode placement to include manual measurements, skin prep, and electrode application (paste and collodian). Demostrates proper knowledge of montage selection based on patient condition. At the completion of all studies, properly removes electrodes, clean patient/equipment, and documents all necessary paperwork.
2. Demonstrates critical thinking and skill to recognize and correct artifact accordingly. Candidate can successfully trouble-shoot equipment and leads appropriately.
3. Demonstrates technical proficiency for proper set-up of long-term studies (Epilepsy) to include lead placement and patient prep. Candidate will be familiar checking the system during on-going recordings and transfer of digital data to reading station for interpretation by a qualified reader.
4. Demonstrates technical proficiency for set-up of ambulatory EEG to include lead placement and patient prep. Candidate will ensure proper and complete inservices for all patients on the use of all equipment. Candidate will transfer all data as necessary to the reading station.
5. Assists physicians to perform EMGs. Candidate will prepare the room and set up the necessary equipment, arrange for patient transport, and provide all necessary supplies for the procedure.
6. Will assist and/or train as needed in the performance of evoked potentials (VERs, BAERs, and SSEPs). Performs patient education about all procedures performed within the lab.
Minimum Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Preferred candidate would be a graduate of an AMA school of neurodiagnostics or a medical assistant course or its equivalent.
3. Minimum of one-year experience in a hospital setting performing neurodiagnostic procedures.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
1. Preference will be given to candidates with registry from the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists, Inc. (REEGT).
2. CPR Certification.
Last Edited: 03/29/2018