Job Code: 00025-65332
PRNEmergency Room- Shift- PRN
Our 200 bed facility is located in Hermitage TN and was names as a Top Hospital in Quality by The Joint Commission. We are certified as a primary stroke Center and accredited Chest Pain Center and cancer program. We, the employees of TriStar Summit Medical Center, have a unique calling to care for those in need, whether they are patients or loved ones. In fulfilling this calling we believe in and practice daily, the values and standards that place us at the Summit of health care. Every employee is committed to the I SERVE...with pleasure values which we hold in the daily performance of our duties.
These are the expectations of all TriStar Summit employees. They are a reflection of us individually and as a group. To ensure high-quality, compassionate patient care, we depend on the collaborative efforts of our entire team, from physicians to support staff. So if youâ€™re all about making a difference in healthcare, TriStar Summit offers excellent opportunities to advance your career and achieve your goals.
The EMT-IV performs direct patient care within the scope of the EMT-IV Practice Act. Utilizes therapeutic communication in daily practice. Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment. Identifies nursing problems as they relate to the individual needs of the patient. Participates in performance improvement activities to assure continuous quality improvement. Provides care and coordinates participation that fosters the goals of the hospitalâ€™s mission statement
- Demonstrates the ability to perform specific competencies as listed on the competency validation checklist(s).
- Demonstrates age specific knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients.
- Ensures the privacy of our patients and confidentiality of their Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Meets mutually agreed upon performance goals/objectives established annually as listed on the Performance Management Plan.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures
- Documents all patient care
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills
- Responds appropriately to emergency or crisis situations
- Promotes customer service initiatives
- Assists coworkers to meet patient needs
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patientâ€™s care which results in patient harm.
- Attends inservice presentations, and completes mandatory education, including, but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Uses Performance Improvement to improve patient safety.
- Graduate of an accredited School of EMT-IV training.
- Current licensure with the Tennessee Department of Health Emergency Medical Division for the State of Tennessee
- American Heart Association or Red Cross BLS
- De-escalation certification within 1 year
Last Edited: 03/29/2018