Job Code: 01643-7704
No WeekendsEndoscopy Technician, Full Time, No Weekends
(FTE .9) GI Endoscopy Department Aventura Hospital and Medical Center Aventura, FL Facility Description:
Aventura Hospital and Medical Center a facility of HCAâ€™s East Florida Division, is a fully accredited 407-bed acute care medical/surgery facility providing award-winning inpatient and outpatient diagnostic, medical, surgical and cancer services. In order to meet the needs of our ever-growing community we are a designated Level II Trauma Center and have broken ground on a $75.6M expansion project to increase emergency room capacity and bring a new patient tower and parking garage to Aventura Hospital and Medical Center.
Ideally located in luxurious South Florida, Aventura Hospital is home to a community rich with diversity and world class infused culture. Our prime location - nestled between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale - means you will be surrounded by the very best South Florida has to offer!
Aventura Hospital & Medical Center is a member of the nationâ€™s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphereâ€™s Worldâ€™s Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence! Benefits: We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance. Job Description:
A skilled supervised position. Responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of all scopes and equipment. Responsible for ordering general supplies and maintaining a par level of supplies in procedure rooms. All other duties or tasks as assigned. Job Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
Required Job Qualifications Include:
- Gives pre/post procedure instructions to patient or significant others and ensures patient understanding.
- Ensures that all supplies and equipment are available and functioning properly.
- Practices aseptic technique, recognizes breaks in technique and takes corrective action.
- Ensures safety precautions are implemented.
- Adapts to changes in the workload or patient assignment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety policies and procedures, and proper body mechanics.
- High School Graduate or GED Certificate
- Current BLS Certification under the American Heart Association
- Previous hospital experience preferred.
- Certified Nursing Assistant with active certification in the state of Florida preferred
- At least 1 year of experience with the procurement function in the healthcare environment preferred.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Last Edited: 03/25/2018