Job Code: 02531-82902
Days (rotating weekends)
Methodist Healthcare is the largest provider of health care services in the South Texas region and enjoys the highest consumer preference share of services as measured by the National Research Corporation (NRC). Methodist has also won the San Antonio Express-Newsâ€™ Peopleâ€™s Choice Award every year since its inception and the NRC Consumer Choice Award a dozen times â€" more than almost any other hospital organization in Texas. As San Antonioâ€™s second largest private employer, our facilities employ more than 10,000 individuals, including 2,700 physicians in all specialties.
Our network of greater San Antonio hospitals includes: Methodist Hospital, Methodist Childrenâ€™s Hospital, Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital, Northeast Methodist Hospital, Metropolitan Methodist Hospital, Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hospital, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital, Methodist Texsan Hospital, and Methodist Hospital South. We also have 2 freestanding emergency centers, Methodist Boerne Emergency Center and Metropolitan Methodist Emergency Center. At each of our facilities, Methodist Healthcare offers an outstanding selection of doctors, healthcare professionals, equipment and health services from wellness events to transplant services, pediatrics, dermatology, cardiology, oncology and a complete range of other medical services in the South Texas region. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com . General Statement of Duties:
The Advanced Clinicals Analyst II is an RN that is the facility electronic healthcare record (EHR) resource for physicians, nursing, and all other hospital staff. He/she participates in the development and execution of EHR training efforts and user troubleshooting. Coordinates and facilitates evidence based order set reviews.Essential Job Functions:
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
- Assists in implementation and support, including the development and deployment of training, related to the EHR.
- Collaborates with staff, nurses, directors, IS team members, and physicians to assist with process improvement opportunities related to the EHR.
- Audits and prepares reports of the electronic health record using tools for data collection and reporting of CPOE, PDOC, and other EHR projects.
- Reviews Evidenced Based Order Sets for efficiency and clinical suitability. Will also review order sets in conjunction with Nursing Staff and Physicians to ensure appropriate functionality.
- Triage, research, and follow-up on escalated issues and concerns related to the EHR.
- Performs E-Sig tasks, including oversight of licensed components related to E-Sig.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required
- Education: Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program
- Experience: 5 years of clinical nursing hospital experience.
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Familiar in the use of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Proficiency with Meditech order entry required.
- Preferred: Bachelors of Science in Nursing
: RN License to practice professional registered nursing in the state of Texas.
Last Edited: 03/28/2018