Job Code: 00035-41174
Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginiaâ€™s only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide care to the cardiac/medicine patient under the direction of the professional nurse.
2. Performs job tasks to ensure personal, patient and departmental safety.
3. Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
4. Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
5. Presents self in a professional manner.
6. Uses computer proficiently.
7. Demonstrates proficiency in using the cardiac monitoring system.
8. Promotes fiscal responsibility and supports the goals and objectives of the units, department, and organization.
EDUCATION: Successful completion of a nursing assistant training program or Nursing Fundamentals course (for student nurses).
EXPERIENCE: Preferred One year experience as a nursing assistant in an acute care or long term care facility. Recent computer experience; data entry and retrieval. Experience with medical terminology. Experience as a unit secretary is preferred.
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Licensure by the Virginia State Board of Nursing preferred.
Last Edited: 03/01/2018