Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth Job Summary
Provides professional care in the various Invasive Cardiac, Pediatric and Peripheral Laboratories in accordance with hospital policies and procedures under the supervision of the Technical Operations and/or Nurse Manager. Essential Functions
- Performs care for the comfort and well being of the patient.
- Performs and/or assists with treatments, therapies, and procedures (including scrub assistant, monitoring and circulating) under the direction of the physician.
- Administers medication under the direction of the direct supervision of the physician.
- Documents a current clinical picture and records designated information in the patient record.
- Utilizes verbal and non-verbal communication in interactions with patients, families, visitors, physicians, nursing and hospital personnel.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Calculates, interprets and analyzes data.
- Assists in development of policies, procedures and standards of care reflective of current practice/literature.
Intermittent to rapid pace with high pressure situations, requiring periods of prolonged concentration and critical thinking. Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 50 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, manual dexterity, good eye hand coordination. Standing and walking while wearing 10-20 lbs lead radiation protection aprons. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions. Potential exposure to radiation, secretions and blood. Confined work area. Education, Experience and Certifications
Satisfactory completion of high school and an accredited program of Cardiovascular/Cardiopulmonary technology, The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, nursing or related field required. Invasive Cardiovascular Specialist/Electrophysiology Specialist training or experience preferred. Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist Certification, Registered Cardiovascular Electrophysiology Specialist Certification and/or equivalent certification required. Maintains current BLS, ACLS and CCI requirements.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve. Posting Notes:
Not Applicable Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer