Job Code: 00037-64239
PRN TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital â€" Bowling Green, KY
Long-established as an important part of Southern Kentucky, TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital is a Joint Commission-accredited, 211-bed hospital located in Bowling Green, Kentucky. TriStar Greenview offers services like an expanded Emergency Department, Cardiac Cath Lab, accredited Chest Pain Center, Advance Primary Stroke Center, and an Orthopaedics program featuring Blue DistinctionÂ® designation for hip and knee replacement. TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital
is currently looking for a Dietary Aide (PRN/As Needed).
The FNS worker cleans and sanitizes dishes, pots and pans, floors, patient carts, kitchen equipment and other department areas as needed. The FNS worker delivers patient trays to the nursing floors and works on tray line when needed. The FNS worker will be responsible for assisting in departmental/hospital projects, as his or her skills are needed. The FNS worker will be familiar with the mission, vision, and value statements of this facility.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Set up, cleans, and dismantles dish machine as indicated
- Delivers patient tray carts to the floors.
- Sweeps and mops dish room and department as assigned.
- Prepares toast, coffee, bags silverware, prepares ice glasses as indicated.
- Empties trash cans, wash cans out daily.
- Retrieves patient trays and carts.
- Washes dishes and silverware properly.
- Drains dish machine and cleans the inside.
- Cleans the dish room. Restocks chemicals as needed.
- Receives and puts away stock as needed.
- Completes assigned cleaning duties.
- Washes pots and pans appropriately, dries and stores pots within HACCP guidelines.
- Performs tray line functions, assist with patient tray deliveries, delivers late trays, and nourishments.
- Maintains towels and soaps in all hand washing sinks.
- Puts all dishes up in proper location.
- Takes boxes out, keeps box cart clean
- Compacts trash as needed.
- Documents equipment temperatures as assigned.
- Assist trayline 2 position & others in kitchen personnel when requested.
- Orients and mentors staff
- Provides a safe environment for patient, visitor and employees through identifying/correcting/reporting health and safety hazards.
- Stocks Physicianâ€™s Lounge, records stocked items.
- Stocks patient floor, recording items stocked.
- Fills department orders, notifies department when order is ready to be picked up.
- Bags silverware for all tray line meals
- Takes temperatures of all meals prior to trayline and documents appropriately. Correctly takes action to rectify food out of temperature compliance and documents action appropriately.
- Capable of reading menus and basic instructions.
- Ability to perform work that requires prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking; frequently moves supplies and equipment requiring moderate physical effort to lift/carry/push/pull up to 30 lbs.
Last Edited: 03/08/2018