Job Code: 00327-6868
Mixed (rotating weekends) Position Hours: 9AM-9PM Central Florida Regional Hospital is now designated as a Level II trauma facility, the first in the area!
Real-Time monitoring of staff efficiency, patterns, and time management related to patient treatment and movement through the Emergency Department. Assist in reducing our patients overall wait times through the ED. Monitoring of standard treatment /benchmark criteria set by facility Senior Leadership to reduce occurrences of defined outliers or negative QA evaluations. Data collection of various metrics will be reported to Senior Leadership Our Emergency Department
consists of 22-beds at the Central Florida Regional Hospital.
Desired skills: Previous 2-3 years' RN ED experience highly desired.
- Assist the Emergency Department Charge Nurse with proper patient placement and facilitate patient movement throughout the department.
- Monitor ED constantly for ways to increase efficiency in patient care.
- Ensure department is properly equipped at all times.
- Open communication with and assist Unit Secretary as needed.
- Monitor wait times of test results (i.e. Labs, X-Rays) to including contacting physicians and departments as needed.
- Data collection of studies and timekeeping.
- Attend meetings as requested on all ED subject matters to include reporting of data collected.
- Make recommendations to leadership based off findings through data collection or experience to enhance current processes or create new practices to better serve customers, staff, and hospital system.
- Continuously communicates with ED Charge Nurse on changes, influxes of patients, and opportunities identified in the flow process.
- Round in all the Emergency Department areas every 2 hours with ED Charge Nurse.
- Monitor Emergency Department waiting room for surge conditions.
- Continuous communication with Triage staff to ensure appropriate placement of patients in the Conveyance model.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Nursing Diploma or ASN; BSN preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years RN experience in acute care setting preferred.
- Current Florida State Registered Nurse license.
- Current American Heart Association BLS , ACLS and PALS certifications
- Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills.
Last Edited: 04/14/2018