Job Code: 00323-18252
Nights (rotating weekends)
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high-quality medical services Wesley offers. It includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies â€" more than any hospital in a 13 state region. Wesley provides the most extensive emergency network in Wichita with the Wesley ER, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and Wesley Woodlawn ER. Founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church, Wesley has been an HCA facility since 1985. Wesley owns and operates Wesley Woodlawn Hospital, WESLEYCare and Pediatric Center of Kansas.
Wesley is proud to have earned an "A" rating in the most recent Leapfrog Hospital Safety Score report!
The Assistant Nurse Manager provides leadership through collaboration with the Nursing Manager of the Department in planning, organizing, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating the care provided for patients in the unit. Responsibilities include fiscal, human resource, risk management, and operational functions. The Assistant Nurse Manager contributes to strategic planning and program development and maintains 24 -hour accountability. The Assistant Nurse Manager performs delegated duties and functions within the philosophy and overall scope of responsibility.
Required Registration, Licensure or Certification
- Current Licensure in the State of Kansas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) verification course, as specified in policy
- CTAS verification course, as specified in policy
- Successful completion of the Wesley Dysrhythmia exam within allotted timeframe, as specified in policy
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), as specified in policy
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) verification course, as specified in policy
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Ability to utilize the nursing process in the provision of nursing care including, but not limited to, administering treatments and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers and providing education to patients and/or significant others.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Possess personal computer skills.
- Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize
- Possess problem-solving and critical thinking skills
Preferred Registration, Licensure or Certification
Required Education or Experience
Preferred Education or Experience
Required Knowledge and Skills
Last Edited: 01/23/2018