Job Code: 02531-82637
PRN Schedule (hours vary)
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. With 981 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrogâ€™s Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
General Statement of Duties:
Plans, organizes, and evaluates all phases of nutritional care for inpatients and outpatients of all ages, from Pediatric to Geriatric. Maintains high standards of nutritional care and coordinates the nutritional care with all caregivers.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs nutritional assessment, evaluation and planning; calculates and records meal patterns.
2. Maintains nutritional care plans, reviews medical records, correlates medical care to nutritional care, charts findings and attends care plan meetings.
3. Interprets and implements the diet prescription; calculates nutrients and prepares individual meal plans.
4. Participate in the daily operations of the Food and Nutrition Services department including meal service, customer satisfaction, quality improvement projects, department education, sanitation and service.
5. Develops/gathers nutritional counseling material and provides in/out patient counseling for patient and family members.
6. Interacts and confers with a variety of professionals including physicians, nurses, case management to assess and implement the nutritional plan of care.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor Degree in Food and Nutrition or related field
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
License by the State of Texas or must obtain license within 4 months of hire.
Registered/Registered eligible with the American Dietetic Association
Last Edited: 02/05/2018