Job Code: 08158-10261
Coliseum Center for Behavioral Health in Macon, Georgia provides mental health services to assist adults with psychiatric disorders in a safe, nurturing environment. For over 30 years, our mental health specialists and psychiatrists have provided individualized treatment plans for our patients, giving them the best chances of a full recovery and stability. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Assessment Specialist completes psychiatric assessments & crisis intervention, follows through with disposition in either admission to this facility or referral to other levels of care/facilities EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Masterâ€™s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy or related field and holds a professional license as an independent mental health professional within the State of Georgia or;
- Associatesâ€™ or Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Nursing, Masterâ€™s preferred, with experience as outlined below.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Licensed to perform clinical assessments to determine level of care needs and to provide a diagnostic impression according to the current version of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual required.
- Must hold and maintain current licensure as a mental health professional, such as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or RN license (RN requires at least 3 years in an applicable mental health environment) in the State of Georgia.
- BLS Certified required.
- CPI Certified within 90 days of hire required.
- Prefer 1-3 yearsâ€™ experience in a behavioral healthcare setting performing clinical assessments or in a clinical treatment setting (3 years minimum required for RNâ€™s).
- Prefer 1-3 yearsâ€™ experience in a behavioral healthcare setting performing clinical assessments or in a clinical treatment setting for non-nurses.
Last Edited: 02/08/2018