Job Code: 00039-12001
No Weekends North Florida Regional Healthcare
is an organization centered around the community hospitals in Gainesville, Florida -- North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC) and Lake City Medical Center (LCMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care , oncology , orthopedics , neurosciences , minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery , weight loss surgery and treatment , women's health and wound therapy , among other services. A proven leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission in four consecutive years, is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue Distinction(tm) Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery and recognized by U.S.News & World Report for its High-Performing Gynecology Program in 2010. POSITION SUMMARY:
Assists Controller in all activities concerned with accounting, accounts payable, payroll, projections, statistical reporting, budgeting and capital assets. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provides timely and accurate financial reporting to internal management.
- Ensures accounting practices and reporting are in compliance with GAAP and corporate accounting policies.
- Review and approves journal entries.
- Assists with review of balance sheet monthly reconciliation.
- Monthly review of financial information for accuracy and integrity.
- Assist with preparation of budgets and projections for the hospital.
- Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated expertise in accounting activities as evidenced by past employment history
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience is required, preferably in the healthcare field
- MS Excel proficiency a MUST
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
Last Edited: 02/01/2018