Job Code: 00417-88699
No Weekends West Houston Medical Center â€" Houston, TX Director (RN) - Women's Services West Houston Medical Center
offers outstanding inpatient and outpatient healthcare services close to your home in west Houston. Built in 1985, our 278-bed acute care hospital is located on Richmond Avenue just east of Dairy Ashford. West Houston Medical Center
boasts a team of more than 1,000 people, including 500 physicians, who are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Our staff includes people from 33 countries and 39 states, a diversity which helps us relate to our equally diverse community.West Houston Medical Center
is currently looking for a Director (RN) - Women's Services. Responsibilities:
- Under the general supervision of the Chief Nursing Officer. the Director, Maternal/Child Department, assumes responsibility for functions in Maternal/Child Department to include Labor and Delivery, Post Partum, and Nursery.
- In collaboration with the Medical Directors of the Maternal/Child Department and the Nursery, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in these areas.
- The Director, Maternal/ Child Department:
- Initiates, guides, and directs the coordination of Maternal/Child Department functions.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided by the Maternal/Child Department.
- Makes decisions regarding activities within these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Maternal/Child Department Standards with collaboration with the Medical Directors and/or Chief Nursing Officer in unusual situations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required, MSN preferred
- Three (3) years of clinical practice in pro-vision of maternal/child services with emphasis on leadership and management experience
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
- Current American Heart Association approved Healthcare Provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course
- NRP certification preferred
Last Edited: 01/09/2018