Job Code: 00146-7079
The EKG/Stress Test monitors patients' EKG waveforms in a centralized monitoring station.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Interprets Rhythms and Arrhythmias.
- Reports all changes in heart rate/rhythm to appropriate nursing staff.
- Maintains Telemetry Supplies.
- Records patient condition utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Performs duties with full understanding of related age specific factors.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Â• Minimum of a high school degree or equivalent required.
Â• BLS through the American Heart Association required upon hire.
Â• Previous clerical experience and CMT/cardiac experienced preferred.
Â• Previous experience as a monitor tech in a hospital setting required.
Â• Strong customer service skills required.
Â• Familiarity with medical terminology is desired.
Â• Computer literacy is required.
Â• Completion of basic EKG/Arrhythmia course.
Â• Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Last Edited: 03/30/2018