Job Code: 00035-40088
No WeekendsJOB DESCRIPTION
The Director of Clinical Operations is the primary point of contact and liaison who collaborates with the Chief Nursing Officers to director to develop and direct Shared Governance, investigate/research issues, recommends solutions and trains on service excellence solutions to improve our patientsâ€™ hospital experience in nursing and ancillary departments.
This position supports the CNOs at Chippenham and Johnston Willis Hospitals in obtaining, compiling and disseminating data within this scope of patient services, in addition to coordinating communication forums related to this data. Collaborates with each department and area to ensure that satisfaction drivers are addressed on an on-going basis. Guides the assessment of patient satisfaction metrics along with executive leadership at the division and facility level to engage the organization in continually improving programs to increase and sustain internal and external customer satisfaction.
This position demonstrates a high degree of responsibility and accountability, and as directed by the CNOs implements initiatives and evaluates their effectiveness. SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS* Patient Experience
- Provides oversight and direction for the Patient Experience initiatives.
- Provide seamless implementation of HCAâ€™s Patient Engagement survey programs to enhance the patient experience.
- Monitors target volumes to ensure accurate reporting.
- Determine and maintain appropriate survey volume targets within budget.
- Conducts day-to-day communications within the facility regarding Patient Engagement
Develops strategies to overcome operational barriers.
- Pro-actively identify barriers and develop/enact effective mitigation strategies.
- Operationalizes tactics in support of strategic goals for customer engagement and patient experience.
Provides support for report generation and development.
- Partners with facility Leadership to extract and interpret data to support facility ad hoc reporting needs.
- Prepares reports on Patient Experience activities, as advised by CNOs.
- Maintains organizational structures/users in reporting systems by completing required audits and approval processes.
Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements, HCA Ethics and Compliance policies, and quality initiatives.
Maintains governance protocols to ensure compliance with all CMS and HCA internal policies and procedures (i.e. data security, user configuration/permissions, HIPPA, etc.).
Tracks and trends outcomes; makes recommendations and develops action programs to improve engagement.
Provides education to nurses, physicians and ancillary staffs, as required.
Manage tools and resources including assignment of system access roles, permissions and passwords in conjunction with the appropriate products.
Assesses individual and group needs to improve Patient Experience Outcomes.
Along with the CNOâ€™s, develop and present a comprehensive plan that includes short and long term goals to move the HCAHPS agenda forward and sustain facility HCAHPS scores above the CMS average. Along with CNOâ€™s, facilitate facility HCAHPS team meetings. Pro-actively identify barriers, develop, and enact effective mitigation strategies, report variances through hospital-identified system. Communicates effectively with administration, physicians, multidisciplinary teams, and external and internal customers regarding patient centered care and HCAHPS initiatives. Implements and monitors corporate, division and facility HCAHPS initiatives. Promotes the professional and clinical development of facility staff regarding the patient experience through precepting, rounding, modeling and formal /informal interactions. Meets with various departments, groups, managers/directors to formalize programs.
Coordinates and leads compliance initiatives, as requested.
Completes other duties as assigned Shared Governance
- Provides administrative direction to the Shared Governance operations of the nursing departments .
- Performs all other duties as requested or assigned.
RN with 3-5 years of leadership experience.PREFERRED:
Prior experience leading change management initiatives preferred. EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate from accredited professional nursing program. PREFERRED:
BSN Nursing, Masterâ€™s Degree in related field preferred. CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE: REQUIRED:
Current Virginia State registered Nurses License, CPR (adult and Child)
*Passion for service excellence - required!*
Last Edited: 12/29/2017