Location Details: Job Summary
Directs and performs standard laboratory procedures for diagnosis and treatment of disease to include chemical, microscopic, bacteriological, immunological, hematological, and coagulation studies. Operates equipment to make qualitative and quantitative analyses of specimens. Recognizes abnormal trends or results and makes required decisions and corrections. Performs in a teaching role as required. Assists with patient phlebotomy, registration and order entry.Essential Functions
- Completes required daily procedures and checks that equipment is maintained in good working order.
- Ensures work area is cleaned, stocked, and organized daily.
- Performs manual calculations and documents results accurately.
- Analyzes and reports test results, applies rules of specimen rejection, and arranges recollection of specimens as needed.
- Acts as in-charge tech when requested.
- Follows established general safety procedures and utilizes PPE appropriately.
- Coordinates work to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency in performance of assigned tasks. Recognizes and deals with priorities.
- Ensures that patient billing is accurate for testing performed.
Moderate lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying in a busy environment. Lifts weights up to 25 pounds and infrequently in excess of 25 pounds with assistance. Frequent walking, standing, stooping, and reaching. Use of computer for long periods of time. General hospital environment with some exposure to chemicals, pathogens, and patient blood and body fluids. Some latex exposure may be expected. Low doses of constantly monitored radioactivity may occur in some job functions.Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors Degree in Medical Technology or related field required. Certification as a Medical Technologist by a nationally recognized agency/board is required. 2 years MT experience in a clinical setting preferred.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve. Posting Notes:
Not Applicable Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer