Job Code: 00060-7314
The first hospital in the area to offer all private rooms , West Florida Healthcare proudly provides market-leading quality outcomes performance. West Florida Healthcare is also recognized as the areaâ€™s first Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, the areaâ€™s first Breast Imaging Center of Excellence , and the areaâ€™s only Certified Atrial Fibrillation Program. West Florida Healthcare has also been designated as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center and has been named as a â€Key Performer on Quality Measuresâ€ by The Joint Commission for four years in a row. The West Florida Healthcare campus includes the all private room acute care hospital, the areaâ€™s only comprehensive, CARF-accredited physical rehabilitation hospital , a mental health facility , and a cancer center . Affiliated with HCA , the nationâ€™s leading provider of healthcare, West Florida Healthcare meets the communityâ€™s healthcare needs in major services such as oncology , orthopedics , cardiology , cardiovascular surgery, robotic-assisted surgery , critical care, neurology/neurosurgery , emergency care , urology , behavioral health , gastroenterology, obstetrics, pulmonary, and rehabilitative medicine. Position Summary
Provide leadership for planning, management, implementation, integration, and coordination of Pediatric department and PICU in support of facility goals dedicated to excellence, effective leadership, and financial stability. Support the delivery of high quality, cost effective patient care through activities based on facility strategic goals and objectives.
- Communicates West Florida Healthcareâ€™s vision and priorities
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of the Pediatric departmentâ€™s daily activities, the operational efficiency and effectiveness to ensure the safe and high quality delivery of patient care.
- Effectively interviews and selects qualified members of personnel as required to meet department and facility objectives. Ensures hiring practices conform to appropriate Affirmative Action/EEO practices and regulations.
- Facilitates development of a team whose vision and priorities are aligned with those of West Florida Healthcare
- Provides direction to staff of the pediatric and PICU unit. Reviews the performance of the department staff and deliver staff evaluations. Responsible for appropriate disciplinary action of staff members as needed.
- Ensures that all employees are provided with appropriate orientation and in-services, Assures that qualifications and competencies of all employees are current
- Manages personnel resources and adjusts to changing work-load, staff absence, and other needs within parameters of staffing targets
- Responsible for ensuring the department meets and adheres to all applicable federal, state, JCAHO, and local regulatory agency requirements and for ensuring department success in regulatory survey.
- Participates on various committees and other task forces as may be established by management to plan, organize, and drive nursing practice and patient care.
- Continually seeks, analyzes and enhances patient care and services to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of the customer
- Responsible for special projects as assigned by the Administrative Management Team. Meets all objectives as set forth in individual evaluation and displays a good work attitude towards job responsibilities.
- Builds effective working relationships throughout the organization with directors, managers, staff, physicians, patients and suppliers.
- Monitors quality and appropriateness of patient care. Evaluates information, identifies and resolves problems, assures that department complies with all patient satisfaction goals and JCAHO standards, understands the approaches and methods of performance improvement
- BSN Required,
- Masters Preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
- Previous Pediatric experience preferred
- 1-3 years Management experience
Last Edited: 02/19/2018