Location Austin Hotel Downtown
Located in the Live Music Capital of the World, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown is a walking distance from the 6th Street Entertainment District. Omni is a magnificently appointed luxury hotel with the heart of the thriving downtown business center at your doorstep; you'll be just steps away from the Austin Convention Center and the Texas State Capitol.
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Austin Hotel Downtown's commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown may be your perfect match.
This position is responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation within our food and beverage division. Stewards thoroughly wash and neatly store all of the serving ware, cookware and utensils utilized in food preparation and service.
- Responsible for thoroughly and efficiently washing dishes, pots, cookware and utensils in compliance with Omni's high sanitation standards
- Responsible for breaking down trays from banquets and the outlets
- Responsible for delivering clean cookware and serving ware to various outlets and meeting rooms
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitary work station
- Responsible for neatly storing all dishes, cookware and utensils in their proper locations
- Ability and willingness to stand for 8 hours at a time
- Ability and willingness to push pull or lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability and willingness to bend, stretch, and reach
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to work a varied schedule which includes working on weekends and holidays
- Previous experience in stewarding is strongly preferred
- Food handler certification