Job Code: 00015-96553
No WeekendsDirector of Oncology Services
Responsible for Medical City Arlington's Oncology Services. Overall direction and business development marketing, physician relations, and community outreach. Directs all departments and financial functions connected with the day-to-day management of the entity and performs additional duties at the request of the Chief Operating Officer. Consults with medical staff members; remains fully informed regarding the views of the medical staff as to the quality of medical practice and patient care with the Oncology service line. Oversees the planning, control, and effective utilization of the physical, financial and human resources of the entity. Maintains awareness of the current and potential competitive forces in the marketplace and ensures that the entity has an active and continuous marketing plan that meets the overall strategic objectives. Ensures that all legal and statutory requirements are met for the operations of the Oncology service line.
About Medical City Arlington
- Effective communication skills, ability to interact professionally with physicians and Administrative Leadership team.
- Must have through knowledge of medical terminology, credentialing, and Medical Staff disciplinary processes.
- Develops and motivates team and other key personnel to optimize their talents to meet the overall needs of the organization.
- Assists the COO in the development of administrative polices and the formation of long-range strategic programs and plans.
- Knowledge of key performance indicators that impact growth of Oncology volumes, including key strategy and business development tactics to support the overall growth of the service line.
- Works with medical directors and key medical staff members on a day-to-day hospital operations challenges; attend Medical Executive Committee meetings as needed.
- Strives to improve patient care by developing a sound management organization and will provide maximum human resources allocations; assist COO in management matters pertaining to physical plant and equipment that will benefit patient care.
- Oversee the efficient operations within the hospital; demands top level performance from senior management staff to ensure smooth management and compliance with JCAHO standards, state health department rules and regulations and all other legal requirements.
- Oversees the quality improvement programs, including utilization review medical audits, etc.
Originally opened in August of 1976 as Arlington Community Hospital in a rural part of town, Medical City Arlington has developed into a 382-bed full-service hospital located in the heart of the growing South Arlington area. There are well over 1,000 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians and other healthcare personnel that make up our team. Medical City Arlington is proud to be a leader in Dallas/Fort worth healthcare with nearly 600 highly skilled physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties. Together we form a team that is focused on high-quality care delivered safely in an environment filled with compassion and service.
Medical City Healthcare is one of the regionâ€™s largest, most comprehensive healthcare providers. As an integral part of a larger, Fortune 100 company ( Hospital Corporation of America/HCA ), we are Americaâ€™s top-performing healthcare system, leading every other hospital company in core patient measures of quality and value. We achieved these measures in part by hiring the best and brightest people and providing them with clinical variety, educational resources, the latest tools and technology and a collaborative culture that helps them succeed. Medical City Healthcare is one of the largest, most comprehensive healthcare providers in North Texas, consisting of 14 DFW hospitals, seven off-campus hospital ERs and six childrenâ€™s urgent care centers.
- Master's degree in healthcare or Business Administration.
- Six to eight year's experience in overseeing the operations of similar services.
- Effective communication skills required; experience at public speaking events required.
- Membership and active participation in appropriate healthcare professional associations and community organizations.
- Must be an effective organizer and able to delegate, able to communicate well in every facet of the organization.
- Must be decisive and work well with other members of the management staff.
- The ability to deal with a multiplicity for complex situations simultaneously.
Last Edited: 03/06/2018