Carolinas Healthcare System- Union
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
We are seeking qualifed RN's for CHS Union. Opportunities are available for full time, part time, or Weekender in the following departments.
2nd Medical Telemetry
3rd Cardiac Telemetry
Clinical Decision Unit
Progressive Care Unit
Critical Care Unit At Carolinas HealthCare System, we care about the physical and financial health of our teammates and their families. To review information on our competitive health and retirement plans go to ‘About Us' - Health and Retirement. In addition, an incentive up to $10,000 and relocation assistance may be available for this opportunity.
Carolinas HealthCare System Union is a 175-bed hospital in Monroe, NC, providing comprehensive emergency services and specialty medical care. The campus offers a variety of medical services, including a day surgery center, cancer treatment center, long-term care facility, behavioral health center, specialty care clinics, a community wellness and outreach program, a women and children's center, interventional heart program and physician practices. Over the past 15-plus years our hospital has been serving the Monroe area, and we have worked to add new services and more specialized physicians and programs to meet the growing healthcare needs of our community.Job Summary
Provides professional nursing care through skillful assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation in accordance with facility or department policies procedures, and/or protocols under the supervision of the nursing leader.Essential Functions
- Collects data pertinent to the healthcare consumerï¿½s health or the situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnoses or issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the healthcare consumer or the situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes.
- Implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery, and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or principles.
- Promotes shared governance, or facility decision making activities, developing and nurturing research to positively affect clinical outcomes and promotion.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Contributes to quality nursing practice.
- Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of practice.
- Collaborates with healthcare consumer, family, and others in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Evaluates her or his own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations.
- Utilizes appropriate resources to plan and provide nursing services that are safe, effective, and financially responsible.
- Participates in committees, shared governance, or other facility decision making activities.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or unit conditions. Physical Abilities Testing required.Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. BSN preferred. Complies with the Clinical Nurse I requirements of the Professional Nurse Clinical Advancement Program. Experience as outlined in Professional Nurse Clinical Advancement Program. Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider status according to American Heart Association. Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, we care about the physical and financial health of our teammates and their families. To review information on our competitive health and retirement plans go to ‘About Us' - Health and Retirement. In addition, an incentive up to $10,000 and relocation assistance may be available for this opportunity.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve. Posting Notes:
Not Applicable Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer